Your refrigerator might seem to run more than normal if:
• The room or outdoor temperature is hot. It's normal for the refrigerator to work harder, and run longer, under these conditions.
• You use the ice maker, which can cause the unit to run more.
• The door has been opened frequently. If warm air has been allowed in to the refrigerator, simply leave the door closed for awhile-the temperature will return to its desired setting.
• Your refrigerator doors need to be completely closed.
• Your refrigerator has recently been disconnected for a period of time. After it starts up again, it will work harder to cool down completely (which can take up to 12 hours).
To stabilize, set your freezer control to a warmer setting, until your refrigerator is at a comfortable setting, and allow 24 hours for the temperature to stabilize.