Most alarms are designed to alert of you of changes in your washer or an action on your part is required. For more information, please refer to your Owner’s Manual as they may vary by model.
If your washer displays the following alarms, here is some additional information to guide you:
- SUdS – The display will show “SU��� followed by “dS” and then remaining cycle time (0 min) for 60 seconds and then repeat. If this occurs, it indicates that oversudsing has been detected by the washer and additional rinses will be will be required until the suds have cleared. Each extra rinse the washer performs to clear the suds will add approximately 5 minutes to the cycle duration. You can press CANCEL to turn off the alert message.
- HOSE – The display will show “HO” followed by “SE” and then the remaining cycle time (0 min) for 60 seconds and then repeat. If this occurs, a condition has been detected where the inlet hoses have been installed incorrectly (hot supply to cold inlet and cold supply to hot inlet). You will need to acknowledge the reversed hose condition by pressing the CANCEL button. Shut off each water supply valve and attach each supply hose to the correct inlet connection on the washer.
- CLEAN – A friendly reminder to run a Clean Washer Cycle. Running the Clean Washer Cycle provides preventative care to your washer – it allows you to clean and freshen the washer.
- Dn – The display will show “dn” if the unit has been put in demo mode. To reset the unit back to the factory settings, follow these steps:
- Press POWER to turn off unit. Press POWER again to turn unit on. Look for console to light up.
- Wait at least 10 seconds, then simultaneously press and hold SOIL and OPTIONS buttons for 3 seconds.
- Lights will turn OFF and ON, indicating the unit has been reset to the factory default settings.
If you experience any other alarm or error code, try the tips below and if the alarm or error code reappear you may need to schedule service with an authorized repair technician.
E11 – Indicates Long Fill Time. It is recommended to check the water connections per the Installation instructions. Note: If your unit experiences this error code, the door may lock up to 6 minutes. If you unplug the unit and plug it back in, the 6 minute lock will restart.
E21 – Indicates Long Pump Out Time. It is recommended to check the drain line and ensure it is not kinked and installed properly. Check your Installation instructions for more information.
E35 – Indicates the Pressure Sensor has detected water overfill. It is recommended to first press CANCEL which will cause the error code to disappear from the display, then resume the cycle by pressing START. A hard reset can be performed by disconnecting the power cord, reconnecting and waiting a few seconds until the cycle ends or beeps. You will then be able to restart the cycle.
E41 – Indicates the Door is Open. Check to determine if the door is completely closed and not prevented from closing due to clothing, etc. Ensure you hear the door lock (clicking sound).
If you are unable to resolve an issue or need more information, please contact us.