It’s hard to remember planning a party or shopping for backsplash tile without Instagram and Pinterest. Even design professionals use social media tools to showcase their work and bookmark ideas. Whether you're looking for alternatives to kitchen countertops, trendy paint color schemes, the latest in bathroom design concepts or just enjoy aimlessly looking at design ideas, there's surely an account for you. If you’re looking for luxury inspired ideas for your home, here are ten top designers to follow:
1. Holly Becker (Decor8): With more than 200,000 followers on Pinterest and 36,000 followers on Instagram, it’s safe to say that Holly Becker is one of the darlings of the design world. The American expat’s Pinterest boards and Instagram feed show off her colorful, eclectic projects and lush flower arrangements.
Holly is also the author of Decorate: 1,000 Design Ideas For Every Room of Your House, where she provides More than 500 gorgeous color photographs to motivation and line illustrations, checklists, shortcuts, and floor plans to make it easy to get started on your redecorating.
2. Morgan Satterfield (The Brick House): If you’re enamored with Mid-Century Modern, Morgan Satterfield is a must-follow. Her Pinterest boards and Instagram feed feature her clean, unfussy style. (Think lots of wood, white and other neutrals, with a touch of the Southwest.)
Morgan also has a soft spot for Scandinavian, French and Japanese design — especially vintage pieces from that period. If you’re looking to add unique furniture from this era to your home, take a look at The Brick House for endless inspiration.
3. Christiane Lemieux (DwellStudio): Lemieux’s Instagram followers get to ride shotgun as she hunts for great design finds and ideas in Portugal, Singapore and other far-flung locales. Christiane revolutionized the home furnishings market when she launched DwellStudio — a design leader in the interior world.
Fans of modern design will find lots to love on Dwell Studio’s nearly 7,500 Pinterest pins, including many children’s bedroom and playroom ideas.
4. Jill Sorensen: If you gravitate toward splashy colors and bold, retro-inspired patterns, you need look no further than Jill Sorensen for ideas.
“Your surroundings affect your well being, your outlook, possibly even your future,” says Jill to RM StyleMama. “So live the way you love and don’t follow boring design rules.”
Her Instagram feed and Pinterest boards are equally bright, cheery expressions of her glamorous California style.
5. Typhanie Peterson: Polished, upbeat, and colorful all describe Peterson’s aesthetic. The designer blends traditional lines with bright hues and patterns to make playful, eclectic living spaces. Get inspired by the finds she shares on Instagram and the looks she loves on Pinterest.
6. Kristin Jackson (The Hunted Interior): Jackson creates layered and luxurious—yet liveable—home spaces that feel youthful and of-the-moment. Her Instagram feed shows off her own projects, while her Pinterest boards teem with ideas for every part of the home.
7. Nathan Turner: Turner’s elegant, all-American style has been featured on the pages of top design publications, including Domino, House Beautiful and Elle Décor. Nathan’s unique approach to design incorporates his accessible, California chic aesthetic that is always stylish and relaxed.
His Instagram feed and Pinterest page showcase his love of entertaining. And his motto in terms of entertaining and designing? “Low effort, high style.”
8. Kathryn Greeley: The sophisticated designs of North Carolina–based Greeley are full of Southern charm and English-country touches.
“There is something lovely to collect and use for every event and when you know how to use them,” says Kathryn. “These collections combined with principles of design and grace, make for very elegant entertaining.”
Her blog offers lots of tips and finds, as does her well-curated Pinterest page.
9. Mark D. Sikes: After working in retail in visual merchandising and store design for many years, Mark made the switch to residential interior design. The California interior designer and retail consultant’s aesthetic is simple, classic and effortlessly chic. Sikes’ Instagram feed and Pinterest page, which contains almost 20,000 pins, impeccably catalogue all that’s stylish in fashion and for the home.
10. Naomi Stein (Design Manifest): One half of Design Manifest’s father-daughter duo, Naomi Stein transforms “ho-hum” into “oh, wow!” with her eye for tasteful glam. With a self-described “modern bohemian glamour” aesthetic, her Instagram feed chronicles the renovation of her own cottage, and her Pinterest page captures her best-loved design elements, from wallpaper to window treatments.
Be sure to visit Houzz for more home design and decoration ideas and follow Electrolux on Facebook for kitchen style inspiration.